With almost 12 years experience in the stock photography industry as the first editor of Dreamstime.com Stock Agency, Stelian Pavalache brings valuable information and techniques for the entire photographic process, management and legal area.
Studio location: Zimmerlistrasse 6, 8004 Zürich
Date: 2 July 2016
MAX PARTICIPANTS: 10
Fee : 225 CHF (205 EUR)
Level: Intermediate - Advanced
The popularisation of small business and private websites offers the photographer a large and potentially lucrative pool of clients. However, small businesses usually means small budget. How can the photographer reach these clients, and how can this small budget be conciliated with the photographer’s higher production costs?
Stock photography offers the solution. Yet, many photographers fail to explore this market.
This workshop introduces you to the world of stock photography and to the financial benefits of investing time to shoot theme based photographs and tap into an unlimited source of income. The workshop focuses on microstock. By the end of the 9 hours you will have the necessary tools and knowledge to begin submitting your own photographs to Stock Agencies & Image Libraries.
- Types of licenses
- Increase the commercial value of your work
- Commercial composition techniques
- Technical tips to maximise usability of your files
- Workflow techniques
- Key-wording and captioning images correctly
- Model and property releases
- Understanding the inspection process
- Common rejection reasons and how to avoid them
- Time saving uploading tools and strategies
- Going full-time: market strategies